Raquel Pawnshop Inc., is committed to respecting and protecting your data privacy rights as a data subject in accordance with RA 10173 (“Data Privacy Law of 2012”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations and other applicable laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
Why do we process your Personal Information?
We process PI for the following reasons:
- Process your transaction(s) whenever you avail of our products and services;
- Address your inquiries, concerns or complaints;
- To comply with laws and regulations governing our products and services (e.g., anti-money laundering and know-your-client regulations of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, etc.); and
- Inform you about our new product/services, offerings and promotions.
What we collect?
When you interact with us we may collect personal information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. Personal information we collect may include:
- Government identifiers (such as ID, passport number, TIN number, SSS number, or driver's license number);
- Transaction information (such as name and other information about you and the party on the other side of your transaction;
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number, or email address;
- such other personal information as we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We collect your personal information directly from you and/or from the party on the other side of your transaction, as applicable. Generally, personal information is collected from you on transaction forms, or at our websites or mobile applications when you request our products or services, manage your online account(s), or enroll in the Raquel Pawnshop Loyalty Card Program or manage your account(s) and preferences. We may also collect information about you from third-party reference sources, vendors, and clearinghouse services as part of our verification processes or otherwise in connection with your use of our products or services.
How we use it?
We use personal information for our legitimate business interest, including to:
- Complete your transactions, respond to your questions and provide you with customer service;
- Send you transactional and other administrative messages;
- Operate and grow our business (e.g., conduct data analysis; audit our activities; develeop new products; enhance improve and modify our services; identify usage trends; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns);
- Monitor and prevent fraud, money laundering, abuse, and other actual and potential prohibited or illegal activities.
- Meet legal, auditing , regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements;
- Respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus;
- For our marketing purposes such as to offer our or our agents' products and services to you, and to tailor offers, coupons, and incentives we believe may be of interest to you;
- For joint marketing with other financial companies;
- For our affiliates' everyday business purposes;
- For our affiliates to market to you;
- For non-affiliates such as our agents to market to you;
- Cooperate with legal enforcement, or for other legal reasons
- Enforce our terms and conditions; and
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
We may also use information in other ways with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
Who we share it with?
Subject to your consent where required by law or as otherwise as permitted by law, we may disclose your information we collect to our affiliated legal entities, our agents, third party service provides and others as described below:
· To organizations which help us process transactions, validate or verify customer information and identification, and to prevent or investigate matters related to security, debt, fraud, theft or loss;
· To companies which help us run or improve our business(es) or third-party service providers which help us deliver products and services to you;
· To banks, financial institutions, payment card companies, and credit reference agencies;
- To comply with legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements, national and foreign governmental requirements applicable to us or our affiliates or service providers, including but not limited to anti-money laundering, counterterrorism or anti-fraud;
· As permitted or required by law.
We may disclose information about current and former customers to perform marketing, business analysis and advertising services to unaffiliated companies with whom we have contractual or joint marketing arrangements.
Choice and Consent
RPI will not use, disclose or otherwise process personal information about you in ways incompatible with the ones described above without informing you and offering you a choice. You may choose whether to receive direct marketing offers from RPI. To the extent that applicable law requires express consent or "opt-in" for the collection and use of certain types of personal information, RPI will maintain processes and procedures to ensure such information is collected with express consent. In any event, each promotional email message or SMS we send you will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe.
When you provide us with personal information about a third party, you warrant that you have the consent of that individual to provide us that personal information.
You may withdraw your consent to our use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions, by contacting us in the manner set out below. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services to you. Note also that where we have provided or are providing services to you, your consent will be valid for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this privacy statement or otherwise at the time of collection, and you may not be permitted to withdraw consent to certain necessary uses and disclosures (for example, maintaining reasonable business and transaction records).
Accuracy and Access
RPI wants to ensure that the information we collect and use about you is accurate for its intended purpose and we have processes to help maintain the accuracy of the personal information we collect. You may request access to your personal information or help us maintain accurate records by informing us of changes or modifications to your personal information by filling out the Customer Information Sheet (CIS) in any RPI branch or you may call our customer service hotlines:
- Telephone No.: (042) 719-1417
- Mobile Nos.:
- GLOBE: 09276865-697
- SMART: 0999-349-3812
- SUN: 0923-8088-156
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections.
How long we keep Personal Information?
RPI will retain personal information only for the time period needed for business purposes or as required by law and will securely destroy such information thereafter.
Confidentiality and Data Security
We fully recognize the value of your personal information particularly as it may include sensitive personal information such as your gender, government-issued IDs, etc. Appropriately, we strive to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information by employing physical, technological and administrative security to protect against loss, misuse and alteration.
Access to personal information is restricted to such persons and entities described in this privacy statement, in accordance with applicable laws. We require such persons and entities to observe standards for the security, collection, use, and sharing of personal information and to comply with applicable law.
Preventing Identity Theft
When you use our websites, we automatically collect certain standard technical information. Examples of this standard type of information include the type of Internet browser you use, the files you requested, the domain name and location from which you request information. We use this type of technical information to improve our website, to make our website function correctly, and to better understand how visitors use our website. As part of our efforts to protect consumers from fraud, this information is also used to authenticate users to the website, if necessary.
Our websites may be linked to or from third-party websites. RPI is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to or from our websites
Changes to the Policy
You will always be provided notice if these changes are significant and, if we are required by law, we will ensure to obtain your updated consent.
Should you have further questions regarding our privacy statement, about how your personal information is used, or about how to exercise your right of access, rectification, or objection as per applicable law, you can contact us directly at the address below, and we will handle your request on behalf of RPI:.
168 Quezon Avenue, Brgy. 7
Lucena City, Quezon Province
Tel. No.: (042) 719 1417